It is time that those of us seeking liberty experience a complete paradigm shift that will enable us to see clearly that we can (and will) succeed in restoring the pure, uncompromised (Constitutional) principles upon which our nation was founded. While some may be willing to engage in a battle that they believe they can’t win (simply because it is the right thing to do) most will not.
“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds.” – Samuel Adams
Fortunately for us, the majority of Americans – in spite of years of media spin to the contrary – still share the traditional (American) values of freedom, hard work, self reliance, and free enterprise. (Only party loyalties distort this truth.)
The required paradigm shift is this (and it is quite simple):
We must understand (see clearly) that the establishment media is no longer “mainstream” – as it once was. Today it is anything but! While masquerading as “the middle,” those in the old media both mock and disdain anyone who doesn’t share their world view. While they would have us believe that “everyone” agrees with their “reported” positions, theirs is nothing more than the disinfected dogma of hard-core collectivists.
Once our “leaders” or “representatives” truly understand this, they will cease and desist from all efforts to try to appease or convince the very ones who seek to discredit everything that they (we, in fact) stand for, and will begin to speak directly to those of us who elected them and pay their not insubstantial salaries to do one thing – represent us!
In addition, a second paradigm shift is required in order to fully see the establishment media for what it is. Let me ask you:
Are there people in this world (in this country) who would compromise their integrity for a price? (Do I even need to suggest the answer to that?)
1. Are there people of means (in this country) who would benefit from and be willing to pay for influence?
2. Would it be logical to assume that this never could or never would happen in our country? (What possible basis in logic could there be for such an assumption?)
3. What would be the two most likely vehicles of influence? (Bureaucrats and judges would be 3 & 4.)
Would they not be the Major Media, and our elected officials, i.e.,politicians?
4. Would it be logical to assume that neither of these would engage in influence pedaling?
5. Would it not, in fact, be absolutely logical to assume that such vehicles would not only be susceptible to, but would, in fact, attract those wishing to engage in precisely this kind of activity? (Once again, do I even need to suggest the answer to that?)
6. Does it also not make sense that: The perfect cover for such an unholy alliance would be to establish it as axiomatic that any suggestion that such a relationship exists is proof positive of mental incompetence (when the very opposite is the case – i.e., that only someone in total denial would suggest that such a relationship wasn’t highly probable)? And, that the perfect vehicle, for both perpetrating such a myth and discrediting any who challenge it, would be the national establishment media? (I think this is all but obvious to anyone with any pretense of either honesty or acumen.)
Finally, by way of clarification, let it be understood that as long as we, or those whom we elect, continue to operate under the demonstrably false paradigm of an establishment media monopoly, which is both representative of, and in touch with, the “mainstream,” we (and they) will falsely believe that we must craft not only our message, but our proposed actions to either appease them or pass beneath their radar. The only way to do either is to as our political adversaries do, and falsely portray ourselves, disguising our true ideology and aims – neither of which is necessary or honest! (Do you really think that Jon Stewart, Keith Olbermann, and Bill Maher have any connection with – much less respect for – mainstream Americans? The latter, at least, has made his disdain abundantly clear!)
The bottom Line? Whether the old-guard media is bought and paid for (as I have posited) or not, makes no difference in the end. They oppose a good part of everything that we and most Americans believe. So we must recognize is that they no longer have even a remote claim at being “mainstream.”
What we – and our representatives (if they can legitimately be called that) – must do is ignore them, and speak directly to those whose values we (and they) represent, through the less hostile filters of Fox News, Talk Radio, and the (Conservative) Blogosphere. That is the only way we will get the truth to the American People; and it is essential that we tell them exactly who we are, and what we believe in. If we do not, then we are no better than those who oppose us, as well as being sadly unaware of the profound strength of our position.
The Constitution that we champion is the greatest instrument of freedom ever devised by the inspired mind of man. Its track record is the freest and most prosperous nation to ever grace the planet! That of those whom the once mainstream media now champion is one of hopeless poverty and enslavement!
T. M. Ballantyne, Jr.